What is ISO 22001?
The aim of the ISO 22000 is to harmonize the requirements for food safety management on a global level. The standard contributes to ensure food safety throughout the whole food chain, from farm to table. ISO 22000:2018 applies the ISO High Level Structure (HLS), common for all ISO standards. Some of the changes in ISO 22001:2018 are induced by the HLS, but in addition there are some that are specific for food safety management and the current business environment.
ISO 22001 is a complete Food Safety Management System which has been designed for any organisation in the food chain, from the growing to the service of produce.
The standard allows an organisation to develop a food safety management system tailored to its particular suppliers, customers and relevant parties and does not follow an exhaustive and prescriptive checklist approach.
ISO 22001:2018 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption. It is applicable to all organisations, regardless of size, which are involved in any aspect of the food chain and want to implement systems that consistently provide safe products.
Many organisations are already meeting 90% of the requirements in the standard which looks for demonstration of compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements, evaluation and assessment of customer requirements and evidence of conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction and effective communication of food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain.
BENEFITS of ISO 22001
- Clear communication across the entire supply chain
- Traceability – identification of an organisation’s impact on food safety within the supply chain
- Cost reduction due to a more efficient system
- Continuous improved business performance in line with the ISO22001
- Reduction in food safety incidents and cost.
- Compliance with legal and Codex HACCP principle.
- Lower risk of liability.
- Fewer errors and customer complaints.
- Continual improvement in products & processes.
- Resource optimization – internally and along the food chain.
- Sustainable food safety performance.
- Improves consumer / supplier /regulator confidence and relationships.
- Platform for process and management control and improvement.
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Promotes international trade.
- Improved overall performance.
- Mars Consultants shall appoint Consultant who shall be responsible for quality and effective implementation of system
- Mars Consultants shall provide visits based on the need and status of the system.
- Mars Consultants will communicate the date of visit of our consultant to the client by sending SMS at every week end
- Mars Consultants shall provide detailed Visit report / Gap Analysis report for every visit
- All activities shall be completed as per the target dates set during visiting dates of consultants.
Our Scope of Consultancy:
ISO 22001 Gap analysis
We conduct a 360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular ISO standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
ISO 22001 Training
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various ISO standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, internal auditor training.
- Awareness Training
- Detailed training (as required by the organization)
- Internal auditors training
ISO 22001 System Establishment
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes (departments)
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching / mentoring or a group / departmental training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting Internal audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert ISO consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the ISO certificate in time. Our ISO consultants provide unique, effective, easy to understand, easy to implement and quick ISO implementation solutions so that the ISO certification process does not become a resource drain but rather resource enhancer.