What is VDA ?
The German trade association for the automotive industry is known by the initials VDA (Verband der deutschen Automobilindustrie E.V.) and given the size and importance of the automotive sector within the German economy it enjoys a good reputation and substantial influence. In 1997 the VDA set up a Quality Management Centre (QMC) for the benefit of German automotive OEM’s and their suppliers. The work of the QMC ranges from developing systems and methods to shaping the future of quality management systems in the automotive industry.
Developed by VDA QMC and the German automotive industry, VDA 6.3 defines a process based audit standard for evaluating and improving controls in a manufacturing organisation’s processes. Revised in 2016, the standard was comprehensively restructured to reflect the changes to ISO9001 and IATF 16949 and customer specific requirements in the automotive industry. SMMT Industry Forum are licensed by VDA QMC Germany to deliver approved VDA 6.3 training and qualification modules. The standard can be used by any organisation, either for internal process audits, or for evaluating potential or existing suppliers. Compliance to VDA 6.3 is mandated by some vehicle makers and encouraged by others.
VDA 6.3 is an excellent tool for process audits within the automotive industry acting as a guideline for performing audits. It provides information on the significance and application scope of a process audit over the entire product realization cycle in both manufacturing and services It defines the audit process, the criteria for evaluation of the process audit results and the requirements of the processes. At the heart of the standard, each step in the process is modelled with six links and is governed by the Deming Loop – Plan Do Check Act. There are three grades that an organisation can reach under VDA 6.3 – A, B & C. This means that an organisation can pass the audit but still have scope for further improvement.
BENEFITS of VDA 6.3
- Improved on-time delivery.
- Greater emphasis on supplier quality improvement efforts.
- Improved product and process quality and reliability.
- VDA 6.3 satisfies automotive mandates of Members on a global basis, when complemented by fulfillment of customer-specific requirements
- Eliminates the need for multiple third-party registrations on a geographic basis
- Promises more consistent auditing performance.
- Mars Consultants shall appoint Consultant who shall be responsible for quality and effective implementation of system
- Mars Consultants shall provide visits based on the need and status of the system.
- Mars Consultants will communicate the date of visit of our consultant to the client by sending SMS at every week end
- Mars Consultants shall provide detailed Visit report / Gap Analysis report for every visit
- All activities shall be completed as per the target dates set during visiting dates of consultants.
Our Scope of Consultancy:
VDA 6.3 Gap analysis
We conduct a 360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular ISO standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various ISO standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, internal auditor training. Conducting of IATF 16949:2016 Core tools are:
- Process Flow Diagram (PFD)
- Potential Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Control Plan (CP)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes (departments)
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Contingency plans.
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Product approval process
- Supplier quality management system development.
- Control plan
- Control of monitoring and measuring devices
- Measurement systems analysis
- Monitoring and measurement of manufacturing processes.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching / mentoring or a group / departmental training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting Internal audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert ISO consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the ISO certificate in time. Our ISO consultants provide unique, effective, easy to understand, easy to implement and quick ISO implementation solutions so that the ISO certification process does not become a resource drain but rather resource enhancer.