What is ISO 17024?
In many areas where, purchaser, user and public confidence in the competence of individuals is extremely important, certification of persons confirms the competence of named individuals to perform specified services or duties. This is achieved through the issuing of a certificate of competence.
Certification bodies for persons or Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) are those which are involved in assessing the individuals' necessary competencies, and ensuring that these are appropriate to the work being performed.
Accreditation scheme for the CAB has been developed as per the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard to establish an internationally accepted benchmark for organizations assessing and evaluating the skills of personnel. The main objective is to raise confidence, improve productivity and give direction through enhanced skill training to the personnel.
A conformity assessment body running scheme for certification of persons must be able to demonstrate its competence to assess and certify its clients.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 17024 Scheme
Benefits to certified persons
- Enhanced acceptability of certificates in global job market
- Continuous professional development
- Increased recognition in employment market
- Better Salaries
Benefits to CABs
- Identification as an organization meeting requirement of internationally developed standard in the provision of quality service
- Third party accreditation confirms that CAB is independent and impartial in its operations
- Worldwide recognition of-credibility
- Increased customer base
Benefits to Industry
- Ease in hiring-skilled manpower - less investment in training-
- Ensured quality of services.
- Enhance confidence of employee on the stated competencies
- Improved quality in operations
- Saving in terms of time and money
- Hiring criteria based on “competence” rather than on “qualification”
ISO/IEC 17024:2012 has a number of requirements for organizational structure, quality management system elements, competence of personnel, confidentiality, etc. An assessment body must also describe the certification process, how candidates are evaluated and must define periods of recertification. In addition, the CAB must be able to demonstrate how conflict of interest is managed and must have mechanisms in place to objectively evaluate the outcome of the certification process.
- Mars Consultants shall appoint Consultant who shall be responsible for quality and effective implementation of system
- Mars Consultants shall provide visits based on the need and status of the system.
- Mars Consultants will communicate the date of visit of our consultant to the client by sending SMS at every week end
- Mars Consultants shall provide detailed Visit report / Gap Analysis report for every visit
- All activities shall be completed as per the target dates set during visiting dates of consultants.
Our Scope of Consultancy:
ISO 17024 Gap analysis
We conduct a 360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular ISO standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
ISO 17024 Training
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various ISO standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, internal auditor training.
- Awareness Training
- Detailed training (as required by the organization)
- Internal auditors training
ISO 17024 System Establishment
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes (departments)
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching / mentoring or a group / departmental training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting Internal audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert ISO consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the ISO certificate in time.